Re: [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Mika Laitio <lamikr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not aware of dvb-apps that use S2API, can you point me to that version?

I meant that because S2API drivers are backward compatible and supports also the older driver API, the old apps works also with S2API version of drivers.
Ok. I didn't know that.

S2 channels are found with old scan version using mantis driver as well.
The output of scan-s2 is a bit different to support S2, there are few more
parameters that will appear in the output such as:
Sx - used delivery system
Mx - modulation
Rx - rolloff
Cx - FEC rate

Some of those are not yet ready, but I'm adding them right now.
The frequencies files will be also extended to support those parameters as
inputs.

Ok. Do you have time to add to README some words listing the names and order for all parameters that scan-s2 requires to be in the input files. That would be very helpful, when one later try to add information from other satellite frequencies to those files.
I will as soon as I'll add support of new input.

Mika