Re: Technisat Skystar Revision 2.8 broken in kernel 2.6.28-rc1

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, sinter.mann@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> neither with the latest Mercurial tree from linuxtv.org nor within the
> latest kernel 2.6.28-rc1 the Technisat Skystar DVB-S card is usable.
>
> To resolve this as an intermediate solution I appended 2 patchsets as
> outline attachment:
>
> a. skystar2_rev2.8.tar.bz2: the basic patch to run this card with a
> current kernel >= 2.6.27 - including a self-written docu and patches by
> Patrick Boettcher plus a precompiled cx24113 module, because this part
> is still not GPL
>
> b. skystar2628.diff: A reversion concerning modules dvb_frontend.c and
> dvb_frontend.h: Without that reversion that card runs excellently under
> kernel 2.6.27. With that reversion that card runs excellently under
> 2.6.28-rc1.

As part of this driver (cx24113) is a out-of-tree driver and even worse
only available as a binary, please also request support from Technisat.
They should handle that for the user who does not want to patch his
kernel.

best regards,
Patrick.