Re: [RFC] SNR units in tuners

On Freitag, 17. Oktober 2008, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> Hello,

> the various units are across demodulators, I took a quick inventory
> and came up with the following list.  Note that this is just a first
> pass by taking a quick look at the source for each demodulator (I
> haven't looked for the datasheets for any of them yet or done sample
> captures to see what the reported ranges are).
>
> Could everybody who is responsible for a demod please take a look at
> the list and see if you can fill in the holes?
>
> Having a definitive list of the current state is important to being
> able to provide unified reporting of SNR.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Devin
>

> mt312.c         unknown

The hardware provides two values:
* AGC: For now the AGC feedback value (14 bit) is returned unchanged.
* ERR_db: Also available is a 10-bit value representing the signal level
difference between AGC-Reference and received signal level (most likely in
1dB steps).

If an absolute value is needed: I don't get it how to calc absolute signal
levels from AGC-Reference.

so code for now:
mt312.c: agc-feedback 0-0x3FFF

@Obi: