Re: mplayer dvb-t startup problems

Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> Le Tuesday 14 October 2008 09:49:49 Jelle de Jong, vous avez �crit�:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to build a dvb-t system and I am currently using mplayer to
>> tune into the channels and watch and listen to them. However I got some
>> startup problems. Mplayer does not always detect the TS file stream and
>> the audio is sometimes distorted. I posted an more detailed description
>> of the problem on the mplayer mailinglist, but there was not much
>> response, so I am trying this channel since the change somebody reading
>> this and has solved the issue is much greater:
>>
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2008-October/074693.html
>>
>> I hope somebody know how to fix the issues,
>
> -cache 4096

Thank you Christophem for responding.

I changed my cache from 512 to 4096. The problem still occurs, but  I
got feeling it happens a little bit less, but this can also be because
it takes a hole lot longer to startup the dvb-t channel (especially with
audio only streams, but with audio only there is also no TS detection
starup problem)

I attached my mplayer dvb-t wrapper script for some extra info.

Kind regards,

Jelle