Re : Twinhan 1041 (SP 400) lock and scan problems - the solution [not quite :(]

Le 01.10.2008 10:21:00, Alex Betis a écrit :
> Patch files are attached.
> Several people reported better lock on DVB-S channels.
>
> Just to clarify it, the changes mostly affect DVB-S channels
> scanning,
> it
> doesn't help with DVB-S2 locking problem since the code is totally
> different
> for S and S2 signal search.

Test report: it looks like good transponders (FEC 3/4, vertical
polarisation, SR 30M) that used to lock will lock a bit faster, so I'd
say that good things are now even more reliable and fast.
BUT the bad transponder (same charact but different FEC, 5/6) still
does not lock, at least not in 30s. So there still is something fishy.
And the problem is in data search as I can see several CARRIEROK during
the search but each time the data search (I'd guess FEC lock) fails and
after some time the freq is too far away and status becomes NOCARRIER.
I'd be glad to test further.
Bye
Manu