[Bug] gnutv -cammenu hangs

Hey,

I'd like to update the firmware of my CA module, but gnutv -cammenu does
nothing, it just sits there without any output.

Environment:
SkyStar HD (STB0899) with CI, using the multiproto drivers.
Ubuntu 8.04.1 with self-compiled linuxtv-dvb-apps from hg tip. Same
problem on Gentoo.

Reproduction:
1. Starting "gnutv -adapter 1 -cammenu"

Actual results:
Nothing. The command prompt does not return (i.e. gnutv runs), and no
output comes from gnutv. It just sits there, forever. No error message.

I have no way to resolve the problem, because I have no idea what the
problem is.

Expected result:
Detailled error message pointing me to the problem, so that I can fix it.

E.g. "Driver does not support this operation", "Could not contact CA
module - is it inserted?" or "Could not contact smartcard. Check that
it's inserted in the right direction and side" or whatever. This is the
minimum level of precision, better (e.g. "CA module did not react to
command foo") would be good.

Please also report what *did* work, so that I can exclude error causes.
E.g. "CA initialization succeeded" tells me that the CI adapter and CA
module is inserted correctly.