Re : Can't record an encrypted channel and watch another in the same bouquet. (also teletext doesn't work for encrypted channels)

Le 28.09.2008 16:07:20, Simon Siemonsma a écrit :
> I have a problem with encrypted channels.
> I have a Conax CAM Module (by Smit)
> Further I use a Technotrend T1500 Budget card with CI cart.
>
> With FTA channels everything works just fine.
> With encoded channels some things don't work.
>
> I can't record one channel and at the same time look at another
> channel from
> the same bouquet. (Kaffeine says: "no CAM free", vdr says: "Channel
> not
> available"
> Teletext doesn't work (vdr says: "Page 100-00 not found")
> When I start vdr I get the following in the log file:
> "CAM 1: module present
> CAM 1: module ready
> Conax Conditional Access, 01, CAFE, BABE
> CAM 1: doesn't reply to QUERY - only a single channel can be
> decrypted"
>
> This looks like the CAM can't just encode one channel at a time.
>
> But on the dvbshop Website they say:
> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2194_Conax-CAM--
> Rev--1-2----4-00e-by-Smit.html
> "MPEG DEMUX: Multi-channel SECTION and PID filter configurable
> through
>
> software"
> in vdr's CAM menu is stated: "Number of sessions: 5"
>
> This looks like the CAM can handle multiple channels at a time isn't
> it?
>
> Someone at
> http://www.dvbnetwork.de/index.php?
> option=com_fireboard&Itemid=27&func=view&catid=2&id=6191#6192
>
> (German) pointed me in the direction of the linux drivers.
>
> Is he right?
>
> I understood from
> http://www.linuxtv.org/docs/dvbapi/
> Introduction.html#SECTION00230000000000000000
>
> that the CAM comes before the Demuxer and: "The complete TS is passed
> through
> the CA hardware".
> If I understood this right this means that onces I watch one channel
> in a
> bouquet the complets TS is decrypted. So all other channels and
> teletext are
> decrypted too. This makes it extra confusing why I can't record one
> channel
> and watch another in the same bouquet.
> Do I understand it wrong or are the drivers or the dvb software not
> mature
> enough yet.
> I use kernel 2.6.25.

Hi,
I have an AstonCrypt which is able to decode 2 services at the same
time and it works beautifully with mythtv (I have a TT 32000 but the CI
is the same and I had a 1500 and I think, but I am not sure, that it
worked also with it).
HTH
Bye
Manu