Re: [vdr] [v4l-dvb-maintainer] [Wanted] dvb-ttpci maintainer

Hi,
On Do, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:54:58 +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> There are basic democratic rules which must be followed in a community:
>
> (1) Make a proposal

Yes We have multiproto, since 2006.

> (2) Discuss the proposal

Was done since 2006

> (3) Finally, _after_ the discussion: A poll to find a decision.

Great thing. Why was multiproto not merged after your code review
november 2007????

I thing Manu wanted to do the s2 stuff himself and did not  accept
any community help.
Yes I read most of the old mails from last year.
In most cases Manu wrote that multiproto is not ready.
The fact is, that many people are using (not ready multiproto stuff)
since two years.

The basic democratic rules should integrate the community
and not only two multiproto developers.

Any way,  my compromise for this problem is:
Manu Abraham and Steven Toth should work on one of the API's (together) and then
decide which is the better solution for the new upcoming standards!

The current situation is not acceptable for endusers / other
developers!!!!
Please don't stop your great work on ttpci Oliver.
Regards
Halim