[RFC] Let the future decide between the two.

I have been following the story about the discussion of the future of
the DVB API for the last two years and after seen all the discussion I
would like to propose the following:

- Keep the two different DVB API sets next to one another. Both having a
space on Linuxtv.org to explain their knowledge and how to use them.
- Each with their own respective maintainers to get stuff into the
kernel. I mean V4L had two versions.
- Let driver developers decide which API they will follow. Or even
develop for both.
- Let application developers decide which API they will support.
- Let distribution packagers decide which API they will have activated
by default in their distribution.
- Let the end users decide which one will be used most. (Probably they
will decide on: Is my hardware supported or not).
- If democracy is that strong one of them will win or maybey the two
will get merged and we, the end users, get best of both worlds.

As the subject says: This is a Request For Comment.

Regards,

Michel (end user and application developer).