Re: KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T 399U) / Afatech af9015 missing adapter1

Andrew Williams wrote:
> Good day everybody,
> Apologies if this is in HTML, sending from Outlook Web Access at the moment.
>
> I am having a problem with the KWorld PlusTV Dual DVB-T Stick (DVB-T
> 399U) / Afatech af9015 USB stick.
>
> Firstly, thank you very much for the effort that everybody is putting
> into this. Much appreciated.
>
> Back to my problem:
>
> The above tuner only registers one adapter in /dev/dvb with the latest
> build from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/
>
> It does that under warmboot (firmware loaded) and coldboot conditions.
>
> I have an older driver from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/ dated
> the 13/09/2008
> which works perfectly under coldboot conditions in that it registers
> adapter0 and adapter1 with frontend0 under each adapter.
> Unfortunately it does not work that well under warmboot conditions as it
> registers adapter0 and adapter1 but only registers a frontend0 under
> adapter0.
> It fails to registers frontend0 under adapter1.
>
> Thus the reason for me to try and upgrade to a later/more current driver.
>
> I am trying to provide as much info as possible, so my apologies if
> there is too much text attached.
>
> Greatly appreciate if anybody could help me with regards to this.
>
> Again, thanks for all the good work.

I have disabled 2nd adapter by default recently due to problems.
Enabling 2nd FE causes driver sensitivity problems seen as mosaic pixels
in picture. I don't know if this problem exists all devices... 2nd
adapter can be enabled with module param, modprobe dvb-usb-af9015
dual_mode=1 enables it. I will of course enable it by default when
problem is found.

I did small change for GPIO setting to avoid warmboot/coldboot problem
you have seen. Please test.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_test

I also changed mxl5005s tuner RSSI enabled - Jose Alberto has found that
old mxl5005 driver was using it always enabled and therefore better
performance for his hardware.

regards
Antti
--