Re: DVB-H support

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Uri Shkolnik wrote:

> > I'm a complete novice
> > with LinuxTV/dvb-utils. First I wanted to know if it was
> > possible to get
> > DVB-H streams with it and what hardware would be proper. I
> > supposed that
> > demuxing and selecting the contents would be nearly the
> > same that in DVB-T,
> > as the main difference is the time slicing in DVB-H
> > streams.
>
> Not so easily. DVB-H is RTP based, so the content is delivered using IP multicast.

Just to pop in here, while searching for something else,
I came upon a good how-to on all the steps needed to get
one particular service out of a DVB-H test multiplex --
specifically receiving FM4 from the DVB-H test in Wien
(Vienna Austria -- or was it Graz or somewhere else?),
which is no longer broadcasting as such -- under Linux-DVB.

You might find this useful, though I no longer remember what
language it was...

barry bouwsma
parse, parse, parse