Re: Dvico dual digital express - Poor tuner performance

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Alex Ferrara <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am currently seeing inconsistent performance with the dvico dual
> digital express. Some channels tune just fine, and others have the
> impression of a very low signal strength.

I have the same card in regional Australia, i had a similar problem
problem, its working fine now though.

One of my issue was that i had not scanned the channels properly, did
you generate your initial-tuning-data yourself and use scan to
generate the channels.conf, or use somebody elses initial-tuning-data
?

It could be that the frequency in your channels.conf isnt accurate
enough, from what ive experienced if you set the frequency in the
channels.conf to be the center frequency of channel + 125kHz you
should be ok.

Also, there is an app called femon from dvb-apps package which will
display the signal strength of the currently tunned channel, i just
started that going and moved my indoor digital antenna around till i
got max strength.

Glenn