Re: dvb-t scan file Norway, Trøndelag

Christoph Pfister wrote:> Am Friday 05 September 2008 09:17:25 schrieb Håkon Alstadheim:>   >> The attached is raw output from w_scan, with a couple of comments added.>> The frequency I actually use which has the unencrypted channels is >> 658000000.>>     >> Hmm, it contains quite some occurencies of "AUTO". Any chance to get rid of > them?>>   I'm a rank amateur in this, so I'll freely admit that this config is just a first approximation to allow me to test the state of various dvb players. The standards used in dvb-t in Norway means that all software needs to bee at the bleeding edge, so a working first approximation to make testing easier is a boon (i.e. I'm hoping this file will end up on live-cd distros).
The only thing I ever see in the actual scan output is stuff like:
parse_terrestrial_delivery_system_descriptor:498: 0x3409/0x3a4 586000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_2_3:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
Which I guess means that all the entries could be changed to 8MHz 2/3 2/3 QAM64 8k 1/8 NONE. I have no contract or guarantee or even official documentation from any provider to corroborate this. I tried asking on a web "help forum" for the dvb-t distributor (norkring). The answer was "digital broadcasts in Norway are not viewable on a pc". (I'm watching NRK1 digital on a gentoo box right now). Any official info on the norkring website bears no resemblance to what actually works. There are some "channel numbers" listed for the various "packages", but what those numbers mean (i.e. frequency ) is not specified, and there are some transmitters that are not on the official list yet.