Re: S2API - Status - Thu Sep 11th

Le Friday 12 September 2008 15:18:38 Steven Toth, vous avez écrit :
> Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> > Le Friday 12 September 2008 07:51:17 Steven Toth, vous avez écrit :
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> More progress today, 7 new patches were merged - all related to the
> >> feedback and suggestions we had.... And a bugfix. :)
> >>
> >> The DTV_SET/GET command syntax has been rationalised, as Hans requested.
> >> This cleans up the application API nicely. Various internal improvements
> >> and code cleanup related to variable length arrays, moving values
> >> to/from userspace to the kernel. Interfacing to the demods to allow them
> >> to interact with set/get property requests, if they chose to do so.
> >> Quite a lot of changes internally and to the user facing API.
> >>
> >> If you're planning to test then you'll need the tune-v0.0.5.c to see the
> >> different. (steventoth.net/linux/s2/tune-v0.0.5.tgz)
> >>
> >> In addition, some related news:
> >>
> >> mkrufky spent some time adding S2API isdb-t support to the siano driver,
> >> that's working pretty well - tuning via the S2API app.
> >>
> >> Two tree here, offering slightly different approaches, one with S2API,
> >> one using some spare bits in the DVB-T tuning fields.
> >>
> >> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx-s2api-isdbt/
> >> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx-isdbt-as-dvbt/
> >>
> >> (See tune-v0.0.5.tgz for example ISDB-T tuning code)
> >>
> >> If you're interested in seeing the impact of switching to S2API for this
> >> driver, see the set_frontend() func, it's a small change - just a few
> >> lines to reference the dtv_frontend_properties cache.
> >>
> >> I don't think we're quite ready to announce we've conquered the complete
> >> ISDB-T API, so don't assume that this is concrete.... As we experiment
> >> with other ISDB-T products we'll probably find reasons to tweak the API
> >> a little further as a standard begins to form..... but tuning through a
> >> clean API is a great step forward, and its working now, today. Thank you
> >> mkrufky :)
> >>
> >> Hans Werner sent a large patch for the multifrontend HVR3000/HVR4000
> >> combined DVB-T/DVB-S/S2 support for the S2API tree. (Thanks Hans - this
> >> was obviously a lot of manual merge work, it's greatly appreciated.)
> >>
> >> What would everyone like to see happen with this patch?
> >>
> >> Would you prefer to see this dealt with outside of the S2API discussion,
> >> or would you like to see this included and merged? Let me know your
> >> thoughts. Andreas also has the multifrontend thread running, so comment
> >> here if you would like to see this as part of the S2API patches, or
> >> comment on the Andreas thread of you want this as a separate patchset at
> >> a later date.
> >>
> >> Darron Broad has offered to bring the cx24116.c driver up to date with
> >> some additions he has in his repositories. With any luck we may see
> >> these merged into the current cx24116 driver within a few days. Thank
> >> you Darron.
> >>
> >> Patrick, I haven't looked at your 1.7MHz bandwidth suggestion - I'm open
> >> to ideas on how you think we should do this. Take a look at todays
> [...]

As far  as i understand, the cinergyT2 driver is a bit unusual, e.g.
dvb_register_frontend is never called (hence no dtv_* log messages). I don't
know if there is others drivers like this, but this has to be investigated
cause rewritting all drivers for S2API could be a bit of work :)

P.S.
I think there is an alternate driver for cinergyT2 actually in developement
but idon't remember where it's located neither its state.

--
Christophe Thommeret