Siano ISDB [was: Re: S2API - Status - Thu Sep 11th]

--- On Fri, 9/12/08, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> mkrufky spent some time adding S2API isdb-t support to the siano driver,
> that's working pretty well - tuning via the S2API app.
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx-isdbt-as-dvbt/

Just a first quick feedback, the following will need to be
frobbed appropriately:

    204         if (id < DEVICE_MODE_DVBT || id > DEVICE_MODE_DVBT_BDA) {
    205                 sms_err("invalid firmware id specified %d", id);
    206                 return -EINVAL;

In order to enable ISDB modes, one will need to specify
module parameter `default_mode=5' or =6, whichever, and,
hmmm, looks like I gotta hunt down a firmware too.

Is one or the other mode, that is, BDA driver or not, to
be preferred?

Obviously I can't receive anything.

Other comments may appear in personal mail to mkrufky, unless
I should keep them here, I think...

thanks,
barry bouwsma