Re: Compro VideoMate E650 hybrid PCIe DVB-T and analog TV/FM capture card

Tom & Jackden,

to use the i2c_scan:
sudo rmmod cx23885
sudo modprobe cx24885 i2c_scan=1

dmesg

Now in dmesg you should see something like:
[ 8235.464732] cx23885[0]: i2c bus 0 registered
[ 8235.467566] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x1e  [???]
[ 8235.476222] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xa0  [eeprom]
[ 8235.476698] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xa4  [???]
[ 8235.477366] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xa8  [???]
[ 8235.477640] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xac  [???]
[ 8235.479082] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xc2  [tuner/mt2131/tda8275/xc5000/xc3028]
[ 8235.480459] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xd6  [???]
[ 8235.480987] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xde  [???]
[ 8235.483249] cx23885[0]: i2c bus 1 registered
[ 8235.485687] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x1e  [???]
[ 8235.496382] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xc2  [tuner/mt2131/tda8275/xc5000/xc3028]
[ 8235.500428] cx23885[0]: i2c bus 2 registered
[ 8235.502458] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x66  [???]
[ 8235.503269] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x88  [cx25837]
[ 8235.503774] cx23885[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0x98  [???]

This will have the cards initialisation before and after it, I just need the i2c scan results.

Then to get the results from the eeprom scan:
sudo modprobe i2c-dev
sudo i2cdetect -l
(take note which i2c device matches the one above with the eeprom, this example assumes 0)
sudo i2cdump 0 0x50
(Note the i2c address has to be divided by 2 from what the scan above states, so 0xa0 -> 0x50)

Then you should get an output in the terminal, copy this and send it to me (and the list).

Regards,

Stephen.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!