ATI HDTV Wonder - unknown device ac00

I hope this the right place to ask this question.

I bought an ATI HDTV Wonder because I thought I read that it worked in Linux.  But when I followed the instructions to load the firmware and get it working, nothing happens.  I see the notes on the wiki page ( http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_HDTV_Wonder ) about alternate subsystem IDs that are not supported, but I'm not sure how to proceed from there.

If someone can give me instructions on how to get more information about the hardware I will be glad to investigate.

Here's the relevant output from lspci -v

04:02.0 Multimedia controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device ac00
    Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device b359
    Memory at fdb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
    Memory at fdae0000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128K]

Can anyone tell me, is it likely / possible that this card will work in linux any time soon, or should I be looking into returning it and finding something more likely to work?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Rebecca