Re: How to convert MPEG-TS to MPEG-PS on the fly?

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 08:49:08AM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Nico!
> > If I remove the PS pack header and the PS system header (stream-id 0xba> > and 0xbb) then both play the stream, but no STB plays it :-(> You must have corrupted some header in your application :)
I have trimmed my application to create exactly the same output asts2ps does.  But you are correct: I should have checked ts2ps outputbefore adopting :-/
> replex never worked with at least 60% of the TSs I fed it with,> that left me no other choise than to fix mencoder's muxer, as long> as something as horribly crippled and broken like mencoder can be> fixed (that may not work if you give it 100% correct timestamps> for every single frame)
I agree that mencoder really needs a indent run.  But at least itproduces output that can be played on a wide variety of players/devices.
> > It seems to be a mess.  None of the programs seem to produce proper> > streams.  Only mencoder seems to generate a proper stream.  But AFAICS,> > mencoder completely decodes the stream and re-encodes it again, eating> > up all the CPU.> > it doesn't decode: it just demuxes, although parsing audio and video> frame headers is probably eating up a good % of your cpu.> If you want to make it lighter either> - use ffmpeg, it can be surely used to generate many PS from a single TS>   although its command line is really challenging
The problem is that I have multiple TS which are to be remuxed intomultiple PS (one-to-one).
> - use -demuxer lavf and fix libmpdemux/muxer_mpeg.c so that frames are>   not analyzed within the muxer itself, but just copied verbatim in>   teh corresponding mpeg_frame_t[] array
Hmm, I am not really sure I understand what you are trying to say to me.
> > Any more ideas how to do the conversion?> > > > BTW: Can anybody recommend a good book on the topic?> > none that I know of, but muxing mpeg-ps is more trivial than it looks> like when reading the specs
Ugh, I am not really sure about this, given that many applications failbadly on this.