Re: Reverse enginnering using i2c protocol analysers

2008/8/23 Robin Perkins <robin.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Does anyone have any experiences using i2c logic analysers to work out how
> cards work ?
> Is it an effective reverse enginering method ?

not everything is usually bound to i2c..

there are Virtualization methods available nowadays for PCI
passthrough (Intel has one, AMD I'm not sure about the status). As
soon as that is mainstream it will make reverse engineering easier..
Another interesting thing would be drivers could directly be used out
from a operating system which is jailed in a virtual machine.

Qemu has support for PCI passthrough with appropriate patches,
although the host will get killed as soon as DMA gets set up.

USB can easily be captured with usbsnoop.

Markus