Re: How to convert MPEG-TS to MPEG-PS on the fly?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:15:37PM -0700, barry bouwsma wrote:
> --- On Fri, 8/22/08, Kevin Sheehan <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Barry was right on the money with the ts2ps suggestion below.  It's part
> > of the libdvb package.  You don't have to use the dvb-mpegtools app, you
> > can just use the lib in yours - no pipes, etc.
>
> My understanding of a PS stream (redundant, yeah) was based on how
> ts2ps created one, with just two PIDs (0xe0 and 0xc0), which I then
> assumed was the norm.
>
> But in the case of ZDF from the original post, as well as ARD, BR,
> Sat1, and so on, Josef wants to make the multiple available audio
> streams from the TS (primary mp2 audio, second narrative audio/
> second lang, plus AC3) within the PS for the client to select.
>
> I'd imagine a bit of hacking is needed to ts2ps to allow one to add
> more than a single audio PID to the PS, but it should be possible.
>
> But, if there's a need for, say, the DVB subtitles from ZDF, or the
> teletext (for teletext subtitles, amongst others), or any other
> auxiliary data within the stream, if I understand right, one would
> need to stick to writing a partial transport stream, which then
> could be filtered to PS as needed.

In addition to audio, video, program_stream_map, private_stream-X
and program_stream_directory, Table 2-19 in iso-13818-1 defines 9
more stream types:

 - ECM_stream
 - EMM_stream
 - 13818-6_DSMCC_stream
 - ISO/IEC_13522_stream
 - ITU-T Reac. H.222.1 type A
 - ITU-T Reac. H.222.1 type B
 - ITU-T Reac. H.222.1 type C
 - ITU-T Reac. H.222.1 type D
 - ITU-T Reac. H.222.1 type E

I have not looked into the details, but I guess teletext and subtitles
might be included in this list.