Re: USB DVB-T Tuner with Alfa AF9015 + Philips TDA18211

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM, David <dvb-t@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have been offered this low cost device.
> Just to enquire if any work is has already been done or is underway, to
> support devices with this chipset and tuner combination.

David,

Antti Palosaari has been maintaining a AF901x driver repository -- I
know that his code is working, but I do not know the state of it, and
when (or if) he plans to merge it.

A few months ago, I added support for the tda18211 to the tda18271
driver, Antti has tested it and integrated it into his repository.

So, long story short, yes -- that hardware combination does work in
Antti Palosaari's external development repository hosted on
linuxtv.org

The tda18211 support is already in kernel 2.6.26, supported by the
tda18271 driver that I wrote.

Regards,

Mike