Max DVB frontends

Is the a maximum number of dvb frontends.  As I can't get more the 8 to
register, all the devices work separately but after the 8th device
registers calls to dvb_register_adapter() fail with errno -23.  If there
is a set limit is there away to change it a run time, or is it a matter
of altering some defines and rebuilding the kernel. If some one could
point me in the correct direction I would appreciate it as much googling
has turned up no useful leads.

John Brown