Re: Pinnacle pctv hybrid pro stick 340e support

ok,
I've opened the card. The component are similar to 801e but they're not the same..

-DibCom 700C1 - ACXXa-G
 USB 2.0 DVB QHGG0
 03M95.1
 0809 - 1100 - C
- XCeive 4000ACQ
  DP5579
  0805TWE3
- Conexant CX25843 - 24Z
  81038424
  0804 KOREA
- Cirrus 5340CZZ
  0744

2008/8/8 Devin Heitmueller <devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx>

2008/8/8 Xaero <kknull0@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to make the 340e card work. (This is a reply to Gerard post, I've
> just subscribed to this list and I didn't know how to reply, sorry :D)
> I have the same lsusb output as Gerard. but I can't get more information
> from dmesg:
> I get only
>
> usb 6-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
> usb 6-8: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>
> when the card is plugged. (maybe I have to configure some kernel options?)
>
> Btw, I tried the dib0770 modules (following Albert's instructions) , and no
> dvb devices are created, so i don't think they'rer the right drivers (I'm
> not sure again, dmesg doesn't write anything)...
> Suggestion?

I'm not sure how similar the 340e is to the "Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB"
stick that's available in the United States, but it's possible they're
similar devices:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_Pro_Stick_(801e)

Why don't you open it up and see if it's got the same components?

I have been working on it for the last few days, and I'm pretty close
to having it working.  Once I do, adding another USB ID would be
pretty simple.  I should have a patch for digital support toward the
end of next week (I will be out of town until then).

If it's not the same device, you should create a page in the Wiki
comparable to the one above, containing all of the chips that the
device includes (so at least people will know definitively that it's
not supported and what it is composed of).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com