Hauppauge HVR-1250 IR support

A few months ago, Steven Toth mentioned that it would "be a while"
before he could get around to getting the IR to work on the HVR-1250.
Has he made progress on that front?  I've done some kernel programming
in the past and would be willing to work on it if someone would be kind
enough to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-Jonathan Brandmeyer