the function " int ioctl(int fd, int request = FE_READ_SNR, int16_t *snr); "

Hello.

   I am working to design a software and i am using Frontend APIs. But I
still have a big problem witch, i do not understand. I want to know the
unit (linear or dB) of the value returned by this function:

int ioctl(int fd, int request = FE_READ_SNR, int16_t *snr);

 I would like to display an information to the user of my program,about
the quality of the signal his antenna picked up. To do this, i think the
best way is to display a graphic representing a percentage. But the
current value I read, (-258) is unusable like this. So can you please,
give me the unit of the value or give me a link to find what i am seeking?

Thank you

--
Khaled TANGAO