Re: Where I can get the open sofware to play TS file?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 29.07.2008, 15:16 +0200 schrieb Nico Sabbi:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2008 15:01:39 Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Dear all:
> > > I study 13818-1 recently, but I cannot understand the whole flow
> > > of PCR, PTS and DTS.
> > > Would someone please tell me where I can get any open TS-player
> > > or part of source code which can help me to figure this part out?
> > > ps:I have check ffmpeg and vcl, and both of them seem cannot play
> > > TS directly.
> >
> > you could use mplayer.
>
> it's the most messy player around and also the least academical ;)
> ffmpeg is much cleaner, but it doesn't expose how to use
> PCR wrt to DTS and PTS.

in many cases it is the best player around, the v4l2 implementation was
also always great, it is still most robust for A/V sync issues if you
are at hardware limits and it has unique features concerning dma audio.

> To make it short: you can consider the PCR your "wallclock",
> the DTS and the PTS are then timestamps when you should
> begin to decode and display, respectively.
> In a stream the DTS and PTS are always > PCR, thus you
> have to buffer packets (PES payloads) and dispatch each packet whose
> [PD]TS is <= last PCR seen to the respective decoder/player

What works best is not finished at all. Compiled a lot.

Concerning shuffling around HDTV files from m$ vista, with full Nvidia
h.264/AVC hardware acceleration, seemingly no flaws there, to x86_64
linux and back on the other hand, there is no winner yet.

Cheers,
Hermann