Re: hauppauge HVR 900H

Hi Steven,

Il giorno mar, 29/04/2008 alle 08.54 -0400, Steven Toth ha scritto:
> > Before I sink many more hours into this, has any made any progress with
> > this card or can point me in the right direction ?
>
> Mauro (tm6000 maintainer) already has one of these units, and I thought
> he had it partially working (I could be wrong).
>
> He's certainly the right person to discuss the firmware tool with.

Hi Steven,

I bought HVR-900 since i know it has good linux support.
When I opened the box I discovered it was the HVR-900H.
(I was stupid since on the bow hauppauge wrote HVR-900-HD)

Since I don't see any progress about this card I tried to make it
working under linux.

I removed the card plastic cover, ant i seen the TM6xxx chip (but a
sticker deny me to read the full chipset model).

Since the demodulator and the tuner is under an heatsink soldered to the
PCB I can't get confirmation about the model of the chips.

I tried compiling tm6010 mercurial but it refuse to load xc3028 firmware
extracted from HVR-1200 driver.

After some i2cdiscover/i2cdump over the whale i2c address I found:
80 0x50 ok  a0 >>1  eeprom
82 0x52     a4 >>1  ??
87 0x57     ae >>1  ??
97 0x61 ok  c2 >>1  tuner

So I suspect that demodulator and infrared are on 0x52 and 0x57 i2c
address, but that address in quite uncommon and never used in any other
card.

Can you give some additional information about the chip used in this usb
stick (without desoldering)?

Regards,
Eddi