Re: problem with latest v4l-dvb hg - videodev

On Friday 18 July 2008 12:04:22 Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On Friday 18 July 2008 11:58:34 Tim Farrington wrote:
> >> Hi Mauro, Hans,
> >>
> >> I've just attempted a new install of ubuntu, then downloaded via
> >> hg the current v4l-dvb,
> >> and installed it.
> >>
> >> Upon reboot, the boot stalled just after loading the firmware at
> >> something about incorrect
> >> videodev count.
> >>
> >> It would not boot any further, and I was unable to save the dmesg
> >> to a file (read only access)
> >>
> >> I've had to reinstall ubuntu to be able to send this message.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Timf
> >
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > Yes, I discovered the same. A fix is in my tree
> > (www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb) waiting for Mauro to merge.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Hans
>
> Erm,
>
> It would have been nice if you would have sent an announcement of
> that fix and/or atleast CC-ed v4l-dvb-maintainer@xxxxxxxxxxx, so that
> other v4l-dvb developers knew about this, I just spend an hour
> figuring out what was hapening and fixing this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Well, I did. The pull request on the v4l-dvb-maintainers list was posted
2 1/2 hours before yours. But I probably should have made the subject
more clear, it was just my normal PULL request subject instead of
marking it as especially important.

My apologies for that.

Regards,

	Hans