Re: ASUS My-Cinema remote patch

Am Donnerstag, den 17.07.2008, 19:55 -0300 schrieb Mauro Carvalho
Chehab:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 23:14:09 +0200
> hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Latest questions on it are in the same thread.
> >
> > Mauro, almost all my tabs were lost, maybe it works better with
> > attachments.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Hermann
> >
> > saa7134: update the Asustek P7131 Analog patch to latest
> >          version and also try to replace lost tabs.
>
> The patch seems to have whitespaces mangled. I'm fixing the original patch at
> -git and applying a patch, based on yours, fixing this issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Mauro

My, this is some old stuff discussed earlier.

Mauro, I can see the testing on this is not at a level we would like to
see and to grab such patches from the lists must be a pain.

Hartmut announced to review it previously for further improvements.
I don't have the Philips/NXP eeprom table and don't know about all
abusing it, but they do heavily.

I can't give the saa713x dummy endlessly, NDAs have arrived already all
over the globe. I still don't have any and don't want them.

Your further adaption of the patch was much worse concerning tabs and
white space. If I say, I can't do anything more on it without the
device, and sign off so far, I of course hoped somebody else can do more
and give some signed off/reviewed by line. Which did not happen.

If there are still some white space issue, you are not able any more to
receive patches from list contributions, I guess. Should we think about
it?

I don't give the saa713y ape, already done, on mercurial without any
NDAs, for which others trashed the whole community already, to be
somewhat _advanced_ ...

Talk with Hartmut and/or take it over.

I have bought 13 :) saa713x devices within the first three months of
this year, to stay somehow in compat of what might fail, if Hartmut goes
off again.

I won't buy any more just now ...

Cheers,
Hermann