Re : How to get 2 TT3650-CI working

Le 06.07.2008 09:06:37, laasa a écrit :
> First of all thanks to Dominik and Manu for the great work.
>
> I want to get working two connected TT3650-CI. Under WinXP it will be
> running without problems on the same hardware, so the USB-ports
> should
>
> not be the problem.
>
> Unter Linux with one connected TT3650 all is working succesfully. But
> with 2 connected TT3650 there are artefakts and dropouts on both
> cards
>
> after some seconds.
>  I have try it under following conditions:
>
>     * Ubuntu 7.10 and Ubuntu 8.04
>     * actual multiproto-repository: http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto
>     * patch from dominik:
>       http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/
> attachments/20080606/cc54743f/attachment-0001.obj
>     * special in line 1075 of modul pctv452e.c to get TT3650-CI work
>       (set num_device_descs *= 2*, otherwise only TT3600 works).
>     * a special patched MythTV 0.21 (wich works with 2 TT3200
> succesfully)

Talking about the patch from dominik: is it normal that the registers
settings are different than those from TT-3200 (in budget-ci.c)? I mean
it is the same chips (stb0899/stb6100), so is it possible to use those
settings directly with a TT 3200; I have reception problems for some
transponders, and a lot of other users also, so if those settings are
OK to try I guess that's something I am ready to do to improve things.
Also I saw that the patch touches stb0899/6100 files in the frontends
dir, so my question: are these changes there to improve tuning also or
just related to the support of the other cards?
Thx
Bye
Manu