Failed to open demux device /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 for filter

While recording (in mythtv) with a dvb-t usb stick, I'm getting error messages like the following about once per second:

PIDInfo(0): Failed to open demux device /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 for filter on pid 0x44c

The stick in question is from Yakumo, I read that there is an identical stick from Freecom. It is recognized as:

14aa:0221 AVerMedia (again) or C&E

The recordings are fine. One thing that seems strange about the stick is that a scan takes many times longer than with my other dvb-t usb sticks (2040:7070 Hauppauge), though as a newbie I don't really know what to expect here.

Any ideas what the problem could be or what I should check?

Thanks,

George