Re: dvb_usb_dib0700 tuning problems?

George, Tom (RTIO) wrote:
> Thanks Tim,
>
> I take it you're perth based then? :)
>
> Yeah, the -a 1 is just to point it to my device which for some reason
> chose to be device 1 not device 0 - due to me unplugging and moving the
> usb port while the pc was in suspend... normally it is device 0 though
> and I still have the same issues....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Yes, in fact I am closer to the Roleystone translator, so I had to
construct a whole new au-Perth_Roleystone, which will be included with
newer kernels and Kaffeine.
However, I can still scan Bickley transmitter.
I have a box with 2 tv cards in it, and I just tried:

scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/au-Perth

scan -a 0 /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/au-Perth

scan -a 1 /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/au-Perth

and all scanned fine.

This would perhaps indicate some error from earlier than scan in your case.
I do recall with ubuntu that one needs to be careful when removing usb
devices while in suspend mode.
Any chance of rebooting without the stick attached, then plugging it in,
then try scan? (on its own without -a N)

If you have already tried that, the changing of channels is generally an
instruction controlled by the firmware,
however, you appear to have the correct firmware.

Regards,
Tim