Re: DVB-T Channel configuration for Switzerland / Basel

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, Kingsley Turner <krt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got some DVB-T channel "channel.conf"
> data for Europe / Basel
> (Switzerland).
>
> sf1:554000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_4:160:81:81

You should also be able to receive the Suisse Romande TSR multiplex
on ch56 -- 754MHz, which can be received with a simple antenna with
ease near Freiburg im Breisgau (to the North, in Deutschland), at least.

I'm not sure where the signal originates, as in general, throughout
much of Switzerland, there exists a Single Frequency Network covering
a larger region -- for the german-speaking regions ch31 is used from
Basel towards the east, then channel 32 is used from perhaps halfway
to Zuerich, and by the time you are in the Ostschweiz eastern region,
ch34 is in use -- both from the higher-power transmitters, as well as
the lower-power transmitters to fill in areas not covered otherwise.

Basel being one of the border regions where both the german-language
SF multiplex and the french-language TSR multiplex are receivable (some
overlap in included stations), to say nothing of foreign broadcasts
(France from Mulhouse, Germany from Vogtsburg/Freiburg i.B. and
Bad Saeckingen/Hochrhein) with a minimum of effort.

merci,
barry bouwsma