problems tuning with multiproto

Hello,

today I was watching a transponder with symbol rate 4340 and had rain
fade.  I was using vdr-1.7.0 and the multiproto driver.  When the
thunderstorm passed, the multiproto drivers didn't recover.  I killed
vdr, unloaded and reloaded the modules and restarted vdr.  Still it
refused to lock to the channel.  I stopped vdr and started an old vdr,
using the older api.  Instantly the old vdr locked the transponder and
started transferring good data.  I stopped the old vdr and restarted
new vdr-1.7.0 using multiproto api.  Again it could not lock the
signal.  I repeated this several times to no avail.

oh and are there plans to integrate the multiproto api into the main
linux-dvb repository?

Thanks.

_J

P.S. the card is an stv0299-based budget card.