Re: Re : Re : Re : No lock possible at some DVB-S2 channels with TT S2-3200/linux

Op Friday 20 June 2008 15:47:28 schreef Ales Jurik:
> On Friday 20 of June 2008, Daniel wrote:
> > Ales Jurik <ajurik <at> quick.cz> writes:
> > >
> > > I'm using multiproto with TT S2-3200 and 4-way diseqc switch (13.0E,
> > > 19.2E, 23.5 and motor with secondary dish). No problem, but for motor
> > > I'm using patch in vdr (vdr-1.6.0-gotox.diff).
> > >
> > > BR,
> > > Ales
> >
> > I have the exact same problem. When Telenor moved the DVB-S2 channels and
> > changed FEC from 2/3 to 3/4 and turned pilot off all DVB-S2 channels just
> > stopped working for me. Before the changed I had no problems at all with
> > them. It have to be somekind of driverproblem since I have done no
> > changes to my linuxsetup and when I try the card in windoze it works just
> > fine. I noticed in the pressrelease Telenor published that the netbitrate
> > increased from 48.391Mbps to 55.703Mbps along with the FEC change. Could
> > that cause any problems? Or could it be problems with the pilothandling
> > in the driver?
> >
> > Daniel
>
> I'm still trying to find the reason of that problem, but (as I think) this
> is done not by FEC as well not by bitrate. All channels in 8PSK modulation
> are not possible to receive, or the lock is after few minutes. So I'm
> thinking that 8PSK is badly handled within the driver.
>
> BR,
>
> Ales

I found out I did make a mistake.
I can watch a channel with FEC 9/10 on Astra 19.2 (11914.50 H)
However the channels on astra 23.5 won't lock.
The one that is most important for me uses dvb-s2 qpsk according to kingofsat.
So this might be an other problem than the 8psk problem you decribe.