Re: pctv452e and TT-S2-3600 step-by-step howto

I did an other test and compiled an new kernel Version 2.6.26-rc5 from the ps3 kernel tree and disabled all video 4 linux and dvb support in the kernel. After that I dried that step by step howto again. With the same result. So I was thinking maybe thats exactly the wrong way and someone is missing...are there any optins in the "Device Driver->multimedia device" tabs that must be enabled so that the hole stuff works.

BTW I noticed an really odd message when compiling multiproto drivers. I don't know remember exactly but It goes something like "VIDEO PLANB: need at leas kernel version 2.6.99".

I hope someone can finally help me.

Michael

Michael Schöller schrieb:
Dominik Kuhlen schrieb:
Hmm, this is strange. looks like you are using old drivers or old dvb-core module that doesn't support the new ioctls
Did you load the modules with
insmod ./dvb-core.ko
insmod ./dvb-usb.ko
insmod ./lnbp22.ko
insmod ./stb0899.ko
insmod ./stb6100.ko
insmod ./dvb-usb-pctv452e.ko
to be sure that no old/other modules were used?

Yes, I did as described. I also checked if no old modules are loaded. Just do be sure I downloaded the newest kernel from the PS3-kernel tree and compiled it before following the step by step how to.

However the error is still the same.
Well I try a shoot into the blue and say this is a compatibility problem of the code with the ppc architecture. Since this is the only significant difference I can think of.

Michael