Re: Re : Re : Re : No lock possible at some DVB-S2 channels with TT S2-3200/linux

On Monday 16 of June 2008, manu wrote:
> Le 15.06.2008 13:20:30, Ales Jurik a écrit :
> > On Sunday 15 of June 2008, Dominik Kuhlen wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > decreasing

> > seems to

> > minutes)

> > same

> > > The derotator code in the stb0899 seems to be setting the initial
> >
> > frequency
> >
> > > to the lowest search range and never changes this (as it should
> >
> > increase
> >
> > > steadily to find a lock)

> > when the

> > card,

> > So
> > also

> > for

> > not

> > As I

> > steps

> > in lab)?
> >
> > > Could you please try the attached patch if this fixes the problem
> >
> > with
> >
> > > nominal frequency/symbolrate settings?
> >
> > Many thanks, but I don't see any improvement. Minimum time after I've
> > lock is
> > 150s.
> >
> > The only improvement was done 2weeks ago when Manu Abraham fixed some
> > headers
> > with register addresses. From that time it is possible to get lock
> > also at
> > problematic channels but very unstable.
> >
> > But I've found that all channels with lock problems are DVB-S2, 8PSK,
> > FEC 3/4.
> > So all channels broadcasted in QPSK is possible to tune without
> > problems and
> > also channels broadcasted in DVB-S2, 8PSK, FEC 2/3 are possible to
> > tune to
> > without problems. Channels in DVB-S2, 8PSK with different FEC (to 2/3
> > and
> > 3/4) I was not able to test.
>
> For me adding 4MHz solved the lock problems for DVB-S QPSK FEC 3/4, but
> did not solve my problems for a DVB-S QPSK FEC 5/6.
> I will try Dominik's patch to see if it improves things.
> Stay tuned (oh well)
> Bye
> Manu

So it seems to me that there are more problem in driver that (maybe) could be
solved separately:

1. Some channels/transponders could be tuned by increasing/decreasing freq. by
4-10MHz. This solution is not for me usable. I didn't find any transponder on
such solution is working. But for my friend this is working on transponders
which I'm able to tune to directly. Maybe some problem in tolerance of TT
S2-3200 components or in PC case (grounding or so).

2. Some channels/transponders is not possible to tune if this transponders is
choosing as first after changing satellite (by diseqc switch). This is
generally solved by users by tuning to another transponder at problematic
satellite (for me for example this two transponders use the same
modulation) - it seems not to be modulation problem (timing problem?).

3. At some transponders above 2 point doesn't help to get lock. For me these
transponders are all DVB-S2, 8PSK and FEC3/4.

Maybe I'm not right but hope another small step forward.

BR,

Ales