Re: Problems (bug?) with Hauppauge Nova T 500

On 8/06/2008, at 9:34 PM, Michael Cree wrote:

> I am getting 'I2C read failed' and 'ep 0 read error' errors with a
> Hauppauge Nova T 500 PCI card.

> This is running on a Compaq Alpha XP1000 workstation. It has a 667Mhz
> Alpha EV67 cpu.  Running Debian Lenny.

I should've also state that the Hauppauge card was in one of the
secondary PCI slots, behind a bridge.  Shifting the card to one of the
primary PCI slots solved the problems reported above.  I now can tune
and stream from the card.

There, not that "scary" as the only responder suggested.

A new problem arose - mplayer would report that the video stream is
MPEG2 and proceed to multitudes of decoding errors.   Somewhere a lie
had occurred; it is MPEG4 with H.264 encoding on the terrestrial
transmission in NZ.    Updating dvb-utils to latest in mercurial has
fixed that problem and I now can get video and audio streams from the
hauppauge card.

Unfortunately mplayer on a single Alpha 667MHz EV67 isn't fast enough
to play the video streams, not even the 576i streams.  Bugger.

Michael.