UK Freesat twin tuner USB/PCI/PCI-E

Mike,

No need to worry about having two of the same D-SAT device so ling as
they are both receiving their signal from the same satellite, e.g.
28East in your case. One will be adaptor 0 and the other will be
adaptor 1. If they don't receive the signal from the same satellite
(say one is on 28East and the other on 19.2East) then it might be
difficult to identify which is which since they may not be assigned
the same adaptor number each time the PC is booted.

FYI my system has 3 D-SAT cards (all of the same device), one DVB-S2
card and three DVB-T USB sticks (all different types). The 2GHz AMD64
X2 PC will happily simultaneously record an entire transponder from
each of the satellite cards plus one channel from each of the DVB-T
devices. The only issue is that no other activity must be allowed to
occur on the hard disk being used for recording or else it won't keep
up with the data rate. Two of the DVB-T sticks support recording
entire multiplexes, but doing that would probably go beyond what the
hard disk can cope with and I've not tried it.

|n my experience recording entire transponders is a good idea even if
you only want one or two channels from it, because every now and again
the BBC and ITV change the PIDs of their channels - if you record by
specifying PIDs you may find you get no recording when the PIDs
change. By recording the whole transponder you get everything
regardless of PID changes, and then afterwards you can extract the
channel(s) you want using ts2ps (from dvb-mpegtools) specifying the
current PIDs for the channel. You need plenty of disk space to do this
though.

Tim.