Re: UK Freesat twin tuner USB/PCI/PCI-E

Mike Beeson wrote:
> Thanks. I did look at the Technotrend S3600. Can I use two of these at
> the same time? Could I expect to have problems with this?

Hi Mike, since there are no DVB-S2 channels on the Freesat platform(not
even the 2 HD channels), there's no need to go for DVB-S2 unless you
want to be set for the future.
So any DVB-S card or USB box will do just fine.

If you think about using VDR you might want to apply this patch
here(http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/freesat.zip), since it adds Freesat EPG
information to the channels. Most Freesat channels only carry Now/Next
info, and a few like Channel 4 have no EPG at all without the patch. The
patch is against VDR 1.4.7, so if you intend to use VDR 1.6.0 you might
have to resolve some rejects by hand.

Have fun.
  André