Re: Re : No lock on a particular transponder with TT S2-3200

On Thursday 05 of June 2008, manu wrote:
> Well so this would point to a problem involving FEC. But is that a
> problem to get a lock? I mean FEC is just involved after a successful
> tuning, right? So even tuning is a problem IMHO and FEC might be
> another one.
> I hope that someone else can elaborate/confirm or not.
> Bye
> Manu

Well, I've tried to confirm wheather or not some values of FEC disables the
successful lock. I've found transponder in DVB-S2 which is receivable
immediately after tuning to with the same FEC (3/4). But I've found that all
transponders on which I'm not able to get lock have FEC eq to 2/3 or 3/4 and
modulation of type 8PSK. Transponders with FEC 3/4 and modulation QPSK are
receivable without problem.

I'll be very glad if someone else could confirm or disagree with my tests as I
didn't do test tuning on all DVB-S2 channels.

BR,

Ales