Re: multiproto and vlc

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Vladimir Prudnikov <vpr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's because vlc is relocking every 10 secs.

Regards,
Vladimir

On Jun 5, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Gregor Fuis wrote:

Hello

I am using the latest multiproto from Manu's repository with KNC1 DVB-S2
card. I patched drivers with multiproto-support-old-api.dif patch which
enables drivers for older DVB api. When I watch programs with vlc i get
a lot of discontinuity error. I was measuring how frequently they are
appearing and came to an interesting finding. It looks like they are
appearing in every 10 seconds (+- 1 second).

But if I use szap to select channel and then open dvr0, the stream is
working great and without any errors.

szap and vlc are both compiled for old api. VLC is version 0.8.6h on
Ubuntu 8.04 compiled by me. If I use latest hg drivers with KNC1 DVB-S
card vlc is working without problems.

Can somebody help me find where the problem could be in vlc or
multiproto drivers when vlc is accessing dvb card directly. Is there any
event in drivers or VLC which is occurring every 10 seconds, that it
could have some effect on card. Probably it should be something in the
drivers, because VLC is working great with hg drivers and dvb-s card.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Gregor

How come that VLC is not causing any problems to DVB-S cards with latest hg drivers. I don't know VLC code very well, but do you think that I could disable this retuning every 10 seconds without causing another issues to VLC DVB handling.

Regards,
Gregor