Sound level too low after installing dvb drivers

Hello everybody,
I hope that I'm right here posting my problem to this list.

I have a very very  strange situation with my system. After I've installed the dvb-experimental drivers (I have a hybrid Hauppauge HVR-900 stick) with my second monitor attached  to the notebook the sound level goes about 100% down, so that I have to turn all volume up at MAX to be able to hear something, which leads to distortion if at once there is more music and speech in the movie I'm watching.

If I unplug the external monitor sound level is normal.

The notebook is Dell D520, but the same behavior  I've tested and observerd on a FujitsuSiemens E8020.
The ext. Monitor is Phillips S119 (not quite sure about the model right now). I also could not test it with another monitor.

I have talked to hardware engineers and they said someone should take ALL my equipment into a lab and measure the power signals on the board. Such operation is time consuming and wouldn't be cheep.

So I'm wondering why this happens.

The idea is that when drivers loaded and monitor attached the power consumption on the board increases and there is no power to feed the amplifier chip.

I would be very glad if someone helps to locate and solve the problem, or to find a workaround.

thanks in advance

kind regards