RC-6 remotes on dib0700 (Nova-T-500) and cx88 (HVR-3000)

Hi,
   Has anyone managed to get a remote using the Philips RC-6 protocol working
with either the cx88 driver, or the dib0070 driver?

   The HVR-3000 (cx88) only works with the standard Hauppauge remote (RC-5
protocol) and ignores everything else, though the hardware seems to be capable
of decoding more than that (insofar as it's just an IR sensor wired to a GPIO).

   The Nova-T-500 appears to support three protocols -- RC-5, RC-6 and NEC. If
I change the module parameters, I can get the RC-5 remote to work, but if I
change the protocol to RC-6, neither the RC-6 remote nor the Hauppauge remote
will work -- as in, there's nothing in /dev/input/event# (where # = 2 for the
HVR, 3 for the T-500).

   The remotes I'm using for testing are a Sky Navigator keyboard remote and a
Hauppauge new-style "silver-and-grey snowboard" remote. The lircrc file for
the Navigator is here: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/sky/NAVIGATOR

   Out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get an RC-6 type remote working
with either a CX88 or DiBCom based DVB card? Is there some hardware or driver
limit that prevents this happening?

   Obviously I've got no problem with building a custom remote receiver for
the HTPC, but I'd rather use the existing receivers if at all possible ("work
smarter not harder" and all that).

Thanks.
--
Phil.