Hauppauge HVR1110 Firmware Not Loading

Hello!

I'm having a problem with my Hauppauge HVR1110-Card (a PCI-Card with
tda10046 Frontend).
I already posted this in the IRC-Channel but got no answer.
I am trying to use the DVB-T-Part of the Card, sometimes it works fine,
but most the time there is some problem with firmware uploading.
I've turned on debugging in the tda1004x module, and it seems that
during the firmware upload tda10046_init() is executed a second time and
messing up something.
Here is a syslog when it's not working, at line 2500 tda10046_init() is
executed during firmware upload: http://ubuntuusers.de/paste/226485/
The few times it is working, this is not occuring, tda10046_init() is
only executed once and the firmware upload finishes without errors.
When its not working, also removing and re-inserting of the
kernel-module doesn't help, i have to reboot the computer.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and have no other OS installed where the
working firmware might be coming from.

I have no clue where this is coming from, maybe something with
hotplugging? (is hotplug used for firmware upload?)
It is really annoying to reboot the system three or four times to get
the TV thing working (the sole purpose of this pc is watching tv/movies)

regards
Moritz