Re : TechnoTrend S2-3200 CAM / CI

On 05/26/2008 05:24:08 AM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> Since my setup with VDR is currently running perfectly (I still want
> use MythTV later on, but anyway ...) I think the time has come to get
> my
> Satellite subscription (TV Vlaanderen)
>
> All I want to know is: is it as simple as inserting the CAM in my
> Technotrend's CI? Will the hardware do everything, or does Multiproto
> and VDR have some work, too?
>
> Thank you for your time,

I have a Canalsat (in the caribbean) subscription and, with MythTV at
least I just had to plug in the cam, put the subscription card in it
and voila!
The TV application must "talk" to the cam; also there are some cams
which are known not to work well/reliably with the TT CI.
For my part I am more than happy with my aston crypt CAM which can
decrypt two streams simultanueously, which means you can watch 2
channels (on different PC or using PIP) or record two, or watch one
record one, just one restriction though: they have to be on the same
 transponder.
HTH
Bye
Manu