Re: TechnoTrend 2300 DVB-C, does it work?

> Hello list,
> Because of my troubles with a TwinHan Mantis 2033 based board, I'm
> looking to buy something else that actually does work. I was advised
> that a Technotrend 2300 DVB-C + CI-module will work with Linux. This'll
> be the second time I'll be spending over 150 euro's on video hardware so
> I'd like to be sure: does this combination work with Linux, and MythTV
> in particular, to view encrypted channels?
>
> Bas

I use a TT-2300-C, CI and Alpha Multicrypt  and a TT-1500-C, CI and second
Alpha Multicrypt under vdr-1.6.0.

To be honest, I think the budget card is better.  The FF 2300 doesn't
reliable do multiple decrypt, and I'm currently getting some weird problems
where the card will decrypt some and not all channels in the same boquet.
This might be to do with the CI or CAM, but right now I'm wishing I'd bought
2 budget cards!!  At least I'd be able to support HD on both!