Re: Testers requested for Freecom / Conceptronic / Realtek / haihua /Videomate / Vestel DVB-T cards with RTL2831U

The email got bounced by mailman. Too many recipients.

Resending it

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 01:02:35 +0200 (CEST)
From: Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx>
To: Jan Hoogenraad <jan-conceptronic@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Testers requested for Freecom / Conceptronic / Realtek
     / haihua /Videomate / Vestel DVB-T cards with RTL2831U

Hi,

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Jan Hoogenraad wrote:
>  However, I ran into problems with the mt2060 (which is the tuner I own).
>  In the function  MT2060_LocateIF1 is making this hard.

Don't bother. IIRC, the function is not working correctly for the MT2060. The
self-calibration does not work. The IF-offset must be set per-device during
production and usually is programmed into an eeprom on the cards. Simply apply
it to the mt2060_attach-function (see mt2060.h).

>  This function doe some sort of calibration, and there is both internal
>  data from the tuner required, and input from the demodulator.

Use a callback in the config struct of either the demod or the tuner driver. It
is not always the right solution to put specific functionality for one or two
devices into a generic interface or in the dvb_tuner_ops case into the abstract
class.

HTH,
Patrick.

--