Re: Technotrend S2-3200 Scanning

Andy Walls schreef:
> On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 14:57 +0200, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
>
> This "just worked" for me using mplayer with a digital video broadcast
> from my HVR-1600 with the cx18 driver (I'm in ATSC country):

Apparently /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 is a very sensitive "file" - when I
directly open it using mplayer, or even cat, it won't output to anything
else afterwards.

I'm using Faruk's solution to stream it like this:

dvbstream 8192 -i 192.168.1.2 -r 1234

and then opening that stream with VLC - which works rather well (even if I have to always manually change the frequency using szap)

By the way, I scribbled down my notes in a small tutorial on how to get
the "old drivers" working again (using an older revision made the scan
tool work again!) If any other beginner needs any help it can be found here:

http://skerit.kipdola.com/?p=5&language=en