BBC HD on Freesat?

Try this using VLC:

vlc dvb:// :dvb-adapter=<YOUR_CARD_NO> :dvb-frequency=10847000 :dvb-
srate=22000000 :programs=6940

You might have to select the program manually but this should setup
the tuner ok for you. It is on a DVB-S transponder, not DVB-S2, so any
budget hardware should be fine.

I overclock my 2GHz AMD64 X2 to 2.4GHz to watch it smoothly, also try
selecting "Bob" as the de-interlacing option to avoid the jagged edges
when the camera pans.

I've not managed to get VLC to play ITV HD yet as it is a non-standard
broadcast, but it is displayed using DVBViewer under Windows if you
adjust some of the settings for the channel (force it to H.264, mainly).

The only "special" thing about Freesat is the EPG and interactive
services. All the channels (except ITV HD) can be viewed using any FTA
receiver. Some have found ways to get some FTA HD receivers to display
ITV HD, see some of the threads at Digital Spy.

HTH,

Tim.